2in1 Red Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut | Lobo
Red Curry, or “Kaeng Phet” (literally “spicy soup”) in Thai, is another famous Thai style tick soup with coconut milk.
A traditional Thai Red Curry made with a subtle blend of hot, salty, sweet and sour flavors to get the taste buds tingling. Among the other Thai curries, to make Red curry we typically use an authentic pre-made spice paste. You can make your own curry paste from scratch, however to save time we recommend you buy 2in1 Red Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut LOBO brand, which is made from the fresh ingredients and very easy for use.
Creamed coconut 39%, Chili 12%, Lemongrass 9%, Shallot 8%, Garlic 8%, Salt 6%, Palm sugar 5%, Galangal 5%, Kaffir Lime Peel 5%, Shrimp Paste (Shrimp, Salt) 2%, Fish Sauce (Anchovy Fish, Salt, Sugar) 1%
Cooking Instructions (Roasted Duck Red Curry)
- 250g roasted duck
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pea eggplants
- 1/4 pineapple, cut into bite size
- 1/4 cup sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 red chili, sliced
- 1 packet Lobo 2in1 Red Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut
- Stir-fry content of Lobo 2in1 Red Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut packet with small amount of water until coconut oil will come out
- Pour remaining water. Bring to boil.
- Add cherry tomatoes, pea eggplants, and pineapple.
- Put sliced roasted duck. Mix and bring to boil.
- Add sweet basil leaves and chili. Mix and bring back to boil.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Suggestions for use
Kaeng Phet Kai (Red Chicken Curry) and Kaeng Phet Nuea (Red Beef Curry) are the most popular in Bangkok and central plains. But this curry tastes equally delicious using any selection of seafood (such as shrimp, scallops or pieces of firm fish), or cubed firm tofu. You can also use a variety of different vegetables with this curry including shredded cabbage, thinly sliced carrot or green beans. Be flexible and adapt the recipe to make the most of seasonal produce.
Submerge the packet in hot water for 1 minute. Cut open, the paste will come out easily.
Contains shrimp and fish.
In a cool dry place.