2in1 Panang Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut
Panang curry is usually made with beef, but it can also be used for seafood or chicken curries. For vegetarians and vegans, there are vegetarian/vegan alternatives for shrimp paste called “kapi chae” in Thai (literally means “vegetarian shrimp paste”), and the fish sauce can be substituted with a strong vegetable stock or soy sauce. Tofu can be used in place of meat.
2in1 Panang Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut LOBO brand is made from the fresh ingredients and very easy for use. The earliest known mention of Panang Curry appears in Mom Somchin Rachanupraphan’s book “Tamra Kap Khao“, published in 1890.
Creamed coconut 45%, Lemongrass 11%, Palm Sugar 10%, Garlic 8%, Chili 8%, Shallot 6%, Salt 5%, Galangal 4%, Shrimp Paste (Shrimp, Salt) 2%, Fish Sauce (Anchovy Fish, Salt, Sugar) 1%.
Cooking Instructions (Pork Panang Curry)
- 300g sliced pork
- 1 cup water
- kaffir lime leave, thinly sliced
- chilli, sliced
- 1 packet Lobo 2in1 Panang Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut
- Stir-fry content of Lobo 2in1 Panang Curry Paste with Creamed Coconut packet with small amount of water until coconut oil will come out
- Add pork and stir-fry a little.
- Pour some more water and continue cook.
- Pour remaining water and add chili. Bring to a boil.
- Add kaffir lime leaves. Cook until tender.
- Before serving, add fish sauce or salt and lime juice to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Submerge the packet in hot water for 1 minute. Cut open, the paste will come out easily.
Contains shrimp and fish.
In a cool dry place.