Panang Curry Paste | Lobo
Panang curry is usually made with beef, but it can also be used for seafood or chicken curries. For vegetarians and vegans, there are vegetarian/vegan alternatives for shrimp paste called “kapi chae” in Thai (literally means “vegetarian shrimp paste”), and the fish sauce can be substituted with a strong vegetable stock or soy sauce. Tofu can be used in place of meat.
Panang Curry paste LOBO brand is made from the fresh ingredients and very easy for use. The earliest known mention of Panang Curry appears in Mom Somchin Rachanupraphan’s book “Tamra Kap Khao“, published in 1890.
Chili 36%, Lemongrass 16%, Shallot 12%, Salt 10%, Garlic 10%, Spices (Kaffir Lime Peel, Coriander, White Pepper) 5%, Galangal 5%, Baked Coarse Peanut 4%, Shrimp Paste (Shrimp, Salt) 2%.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 cup (240ml) coconut milk together with contents of this packet.
- Add slice 250g beef or chicken and stir-fry until done.
- Add 1 cup (240ml) water. Bring to a boil.
- Add some kaffir lime leaves and chili. Cook until tender.
- Before serving, add fish sauce or salt and lime juice to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Submerge the packet in hot water for 1 minute. Cut open, the paste will come out easily.
Contains shrimps and peanut. May contain fish derivatives in shrimp paste.
In a cool dry place.