Masman Curry Paste | Lobo
Masman Curry or “Kaeng Matsaman” in Thai language is a Southern Thai curry which has a lot of Indian influence. “Matsaman” is an old way of saying “Muslim”, for many of the dry spices were carried to Thailand by early Muslim traders. Due to its Muslim roots and therefore Islamic dietary laws, this curry is most commonly made with chicken, but there are also variations on this dish using duck, beef, mutton, goat, or, less commonly so, pork. Like Indian curries, this curry is heavy on dry spices and very aromatic. It’s typically served with rice or roti.
Masman Curry paste LOBO brand is made from the fresh ingredients and very easy for use. Masman Curry seems to be the only “kaeng” (soup) praised in the Thai historic royal poem, memorized in the heart of every Thai student. Cumin, cardamon and clove give this curry strong sensational flavor. Anyone who has ever tasted it will ask for more.
Chili 22%, Lemongrass 20%, Garlic 18%, Shallot 14%, Salt 10%, Galangal 7%, Spices (Coriander, Cardamom, Clove) 5%, Shrimp Paste (Shrimp, Salt) 4%.
- Heat a skillet and add 1 cup (240 ml) coconut milk together with contents of this packet.
- Add 250g sliced beef or chicken and stir-fry until done.
- Add 1 cup (240 ml) water. Bring to a boil.
- Add some potato and peanut. Cook until tender.
- Before serving, add fish sauce or salt and lime juice to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice or roti.
Submerge the packet in hot water for 1 minute. Cut open, the paste will come out easily.
Contains shrimp. May contain fish derivatives in shrimp paste.
In a cool dry place.